Importance of Email Marketing for Your Company’s Growth in 2020
Whether you are a student, a professional, or a customer, email plays an indispensable role in your life. According to a research conducted by Radicati Group, more than half of the world’s population uses email on a regular basis and it is expected that by 2023, there will be about 4.3 billion email users in the world.
The reason why email marketing is so effective is that it helps in improving your reach and visibility, allowing you to engage and convert more leads on a daily basis. Email marketing lets you personalize your messages and tailor the content based on your customer actions and helps you in segmenting your audience to make sure that the information circulated is as per the leads generated.
Reasons Why Email Marketing should be an Integral Part of Your Marketing Strategy
1. It is cost-effective– When traditional marketing techniques like Television, Newspaper or Radio are expensive, Email Marketing comes to the rescue with an option to reach out to more audience with minimum cost involved. Additionally, email marketing also provides a High Return on Investment (ROI), which helps small businesses to earn more with a small budget. To effectively reach out to your audience with your newly launched product, email marketing helps in gauging the effectiveness of your campaign before launching it.
2. Reaches out to more customers– With two-thirds of emails being read on smartphones, email marketing emerges as an effective technique to reach and engage the maximum number of consumers. To ensure the effectiveness of the email that you are sending to your audience, should be accompanied with eye-catching designs or visuals and engaging content.
3. The process can be automatic– Automation in email marketing helps you in maintaining relevancy and timeline of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send them notifications based on their action. For example, if a consumer visits your website and leaves without making a purchase, an automated email can be sent to them shortly after, to guide them to complete their purchase. This functionality is commonly used by ecommerce/retail sites.
4. Higher response rate through personalized content– Thanks to the digital age, personalization has become the key to win customer’s hearts. Rather than just displaying products on their screen, it is important to provide more tailored and personalized content to match their needs and preferences. Machine learning offers users the most suitable language based on the company’s personality and various phrases that appeal to the targeted audience, which improves your open and click through rate along with the overall conversion rate.
5. Email marketing can be interactive– With the rising importance of email marketing in the market, content that’s more interactive will have a higher rate of response among your targeted audience. Instead of redirecting your subscribers directly to the landing page, design your email body with interactive content to grab their interest. For example, if you share a video in your email, you can put social media share buttons with it so that they can share it on their social media platforms among their network.
6. Growth and success are measurable– One of the best things about email marketing is that unlike most of the traditional methods, you can measure how successfully your campaign is running. There are various ways to measure the impact of your emails on the target audience through open rate, click rate, spam percentages, and the number of unsubscribes etc. This data will help you in gauging how your emails are impacting your audience and give you an overall idea of whether you should continue with the same content or bring some change over time. For example, you will come to know either your subject line or the various offers mentioned in the email body is interesting to your audience, and if they are visiting your website to make a purchase through them.
Since email marketing metrics are easy to track and measure over time, with analytics you can access useful live data such as the users who opened your email, whether they clicked any links or got converted into customers. With the help of these data, you can analyze if your email campaigns are working better.
How To Write An Effective Email For Marketing
1. Use actionable language– Incorporate verbs like ‘click’, ‘buy’, ‘download’, ‘share’, etc. to guide the readers on what to do after reading the email
2. Personalize as much as possible– Based on the segmented audience you are sending emails to, tailor the subject line and body of the email to make them feel more involved
3. Be brief– Find a way to summarize your content and offer it to the reader in a compelling and crisp way. Play with words to arouse their interest in your products and provoke them to visit your website
4. Use psychology– Apart from using call-to-actions (CTAs), offers deals that expire soon to create a FOMO (fear of missing out) among the subscribers which tempts them to make an immediate purchase
5. Reward your readers– Give your readers a reason to stay subscribed to your emailers like offering them a free gift or extra discounts for subscribing
Let’s Get Started with Email Marketing!
If you are wondering where to start your email marketing campaign from, start identifying the reason for reaching out first. If you are planning to launch any new product, announce your upcoming sale, or host a contest. Announcement Emails along with a CTA will help you to maintain a loyal base of subscribers. It is always a good idea to maintain weekly or monthly newsletters. You can also make them feel a part of your brand by sending regular emails on new feature updates.
To retain them post-purchase, you can send them feedback forms to further improve your products and services. In case you are wondering how to get an email list for marketing, create accounts on platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest and add a subscription bar to your website. If the visitors like your content, they will give their email address to be a part of your emailer list.
With the continuous evolution in digital marketing, there are new solutions coming up for old problems. Many are under the wrong impression that email marketing may not match up to the effect that traditional marketing provides. Contrary to this belief, most of the leading companies that we have today are gaining new customers every day and retaining their old ones through email marketing. Talking from the experience of numerous successful businesses, if you can give this much-talked-about method a shot, it surely won’t let you down.
Oishee Mukherjee is a blogger, published author of 2 books, and a full-time content writer. She has worked for various industries like entertainment, technology, finance, sports, social, and digital media to name a few. Her educational background includes graduation in English Literature and an MBA in Media & Communications, which has taught her the power of storytelling that she implements to bring out the voice of the brands she works for.